Briggs Intek Single Cylinder Throttle not "tight"

jbmortensen

Threads
I replaced the carburetor on an old Briggs Intek Single Cylinder. However, the throttle linkge is kind of "loose". Am I missing something? It is not returning to "idle" position readily.

I am sharing the video of what I see at the link below:

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The governor is what controls engine speed. Without the engine running there is no governor pressure to hold the throttle at idle. the governor spring speeds up the engine and the flyweights on the internal governor gear acting in conjunction with the governor arm slow the engine down. Without spring pressure pulling the throttle open or the governor gear pulling the throttle shut the throttle can be neutral.

jbmortensen

Threads
The governor is what controls engine speed. Without the engine running there is no governor pressure to hold the throttle at idle. the governor spring speeds up the engine and the flyweights on the internal governor gear acting in conjunction with the governor arm slow the engine down. Without spring pressure pulling the throttle open or the governor gear pulling the throttle shut the throttle can be neutral.
I am now educated! Thank you.