Briggs and Stratton stopping

gainestruk

Threads
Im guessing you got a mower with old flat head Briggs engine, if the oil fill is down low on engine with a small screw off cap you just fill it till you see oil about half way up threads.
If oil cap is even with top of engine DO NOT do the above, it should have metal dip stick like a car has.
If you could give us a picture it would help.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't think so, so can I use a piece of fabric instead?

No you can not use anything except what came with mower. You have the manual use it. It will tell you exactly where and how to check oil. It is brand new and has a dipstick. You need to get us the make and model of the engine. We can not help you with out it.

Threads
Thank you, gainestruk, but what BlazNT is saying is confusing me. He says that I need to give you guys the make and model, but then says he will not help! Also, when we got the mower, my wife got rid of the box, and I think the manual was in it...

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
No I said we can not help without it. We can find everything with the numbers but can not do much if you do not get us the model number off the mower and engine. We should be able to get you the manual with the numbers.