Briggs and Stratton stopping

Threads
So last month, I got my first lawn mower?. It ran like a beauty, but after about 30 minutes of use, it revved up, then down a few times before stopping. I went back to Home Depot, and they were kind enough to replace it for free! Well, the same thing happened after about 40 minutes this time!! I am tired of having to go to Home Depot, so if I could get help, that would be great! Thanks

Last edited:

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Get clean non ethanol gas and take that one back and start new. Clean out your gas can first. If you can not get non ethanol fuel get fresh fuel and add an ethanol remover. You need at least 89 octane when you remove ethanol. That way it will stay with a high enough octane to run.

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
No Im saying it needs good clean gas.

Tinkerer200

Threads
Get clean non ethanol gas and take that one back and start new. Clean out your gas can first. If you can not get non ethanol fuel get fresh fuel and add an ethanol remover. You need at least 89 octane when you remove ethanol. That way it will stay with a high enough octane to run.

He may have water or contamination in his gas can but as much as some of you guys like to blame ethanol not even it will affect an engine that quickly.

Walt Conner

Threads
Oh, I thought I didn't have to worry about gas. The box said it was prefilled.

gainestruk

Threads
:confused2: :laughing:
Yep need gas and also check and make sure oil is at full mark !

Threads
I don't have a piece of metal to check the oil. Is it okay if I put a piece of fabric in there?

BlazNT

Lawn Pro
Threads
Do you have a dip stick?