Briggs and stratton model numbert 083132-1040F1

dmechx777

Forum Newbie
Hi guys new to the forum and wanted to say Hi...

I could use some help does anybody have the valve clearances/adjustments and also the air gap for the magneto for the Briggs 083132-1040F1. TIA
 
Magneto Air Gap .006 - .010 in (,15 - ,25 mm)
Intake Valve Clearance .005 - .007 in (,13 - ,18 mm)
Exhaust Valve Clearance .005 - .007 in (,13 - ,18 mm)
 
Thank you for the help...the manuals are not free correct ? On the Briggs site I had to pay is there another option
 
Thank you very much...the Briggs manuals are not free correct ?
You can download that one, but it is a Owners manual with general information. I believe you have to pay for the "Service Manuals" which are very detailed and cover every engine component/repair/replacement.
 
Boy I wish Briggs get their info straight. Owners manual has one set of specs, Power Portal a different, and then the Service manual has even another different set of specs. All with the margin of error but I would think all three would agree with each other.

You can download that one, but it is a Owners manual with general information. I believe you have to pay for the "Service Manuals" which are very detailed and cover every engine component/repair/replacement.
Just depends on the forum and who you know. This engine has it own service manual; separate from the Single Cylinder OHV Manual. The one on the abov Briggs appears to not cover this engine according to the Briggs Dealer Power Portal site. There was member here (AVB) that had them available for free but he has since left the forum. On the forum he manages they are still free for members of that forum although that site is for professional repair techs..
 
Back
Top