Briggs and stratton Intek V-twinn 26hp runs wide open after replacing oil pan gasket

buddycatfish

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Briggs and stratton Intek V-twinn 26hp runs wide open after replacing oil pan gasket
I recently replaced the oil pan gasket on my husqvarna LGT 2654 riding lawn mower. After putting everything back together and starting engine, it runs wide open only. Is it possible i may have put the oil pump cam in backwards to cause this engine to run wide open?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
  • / Briggs and stratton Intek V-twinn 26hp runs wide open after replacing oil pan gasket
You need to adjust the governor.
This video should help you out

buddycatfish

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for reply but we tried adjusting govenor and i viewed same video you sent me. It still runs only wide open and the only thing i can think of is if i put the oil pump cam back in backwards when putting everything back together after replacing oil pan gasket. I was wondering if anyone had heard of the cam being put back in the wrong position would cause this problem. I'm gonna tear engine back down tommorrow but was asking this question before doing so. thanks.