Export thread

Briggs 42E707 2631 E1 Governor linkage diagram help

E

ericpeterson734

Craftsman Model 917 270820 tractor with B&S 42E707 2631 E1 Engine Surging when idling - I can see the governor moving back and forth, but it will not idle smoothly - I can see the governor springs in there and it seems to not have any missing parts (like it threw a spring off), and all the levers are there but, I have no idea what or how it's supposed to look, so if it did throw a spring or something is out of whack I wouldn't know it. I don't have any reference to go off if everything is there and in the right place. I have searched all over the internet to see if I can find a similar setup and the correct way everything should look. I have never disassembled this linkage on this engine or had this apart, so I know its not messed up from me, and it just started surging about a week ago after running fine for years. Any help or a picture of the way it is supposed to look would be great.
Thanks in advance!
Eric

Attachments

I

ILENGINE

If you start applying the choke does it start to smooth out prior to going rich from too much choke, Or does the surging stop when the deck is engaged. If the answer is yes you don't have a governor problem you have a dirt in the carb problem

H

hlw49

Hold the governor link so the engine idles if it dies it is dirt in the idle circuit of the carb.