briggs 16.5 hp won't start maybe coil please help

eagle86801

Threads
I have a 16.5 hp briggs engine in a 2003 White lawn tractor . When I turn the key the flywheel only turns about 1/4 of a turn around and stops dead . If I keep turning the key on and off fast eventually the engine will catch and start and runs strong . I replaced the battery in 2022 with a Die Hard , still good, I replaced the starter with a new Briggs starter in 2022 , I replaced the solenoid in 2022 and the ignition switch in 2022. Didn't have any problems after replacing the ignition switch since Oct 2022 up until yesterday May 16 2023. I finally did get it started flipping the switch on and off several times . My uneducated guess is its the coil . I'd appreciate any help I could get from the experts . Thank you

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I don’t think it is the coil. Remove the valve cover and check the valve clearances. Post back with your engine model numbers and we will get you the specs.

eagle86801

Threads
I don’t think it is the coil. Remove the valve cover and check the valve clearances. Post back with your engine model numbers and we will get you the specs.
thank you I'll get those and post them