Brigg & Startton 625 EX Series, 150cc OHV, Dont Start when Cold.

MishaH

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Brigg & Startton 625 EX Series, 150cc OHV, Dont Start when Cold.
Hello, I Have Brigg & Startton 625 EX Series,YardWorks mower, Dont start with cold engine.
If I poor little bit of gas in the air intake, behind air filter, it starts from the first pull, then stops, after couple of tries the engine keep going for hour.
When the engine is hot I can even stop it then restart by puling the string as normal . Next day it is the same story , dont start.
I removed the plastic carburator cleaned all the parts, all the small holes are clear.
It looks as if by pulling the string the gas is not sucked inside.
Spark plug is clean.
Tried to start without filter in place.
Tried to pull the string for 20 Times, No start.
Need advice.
Thank you

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Sounds like a choke not closing properly or a dirty carb issue. Need to post the engine model numbers to see what configuration you have. Some of the new engines have hard to find model number information if the tag with the serial number has worn off. The new OHV push mower engines have the model number laser etched into the side of the block.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Clean fuel tank out. Install new fuel line to carb.

Clean carb again. Don't rush and buy some ebay or amazon Chinese carb either. Clean what you have or buy a new OEM carb.

You need to use an air compressor blowing all the holes out both ways. Spray carb cleaner both ways per hole. Wear SAFETY GLASSES WHEN USING CARB SPRAY. That shit burns like a mo-fo when it gets in your eyes. Don't be too cool to use them. Use a bristle from a nylon brush to open jets and pilot circuit holes ect....

Verify the choke works.

slomo