BRICKTOP RUNS TO FAST

cliff123

Forum Newbie
Threads
1973 Lawnboy I have had since 1975 can not seem to get it to run at proper speed. It use to run with that little "gurgel" that I like but now it really winds up. I set the governer to spec's but it still races. Anyone have any ideals?

Fireman 123

Threads
Sometimes you can get the throttle shaft in which the butterfly is mounted to, stuck in the fully open position if you aren't careful in hooking the governor rod up. If you had the gov assembly apart, you might want to check to make sure everything was hooked back up properly. I hope I was of some help.

nothing like the smell of 2-stroke smoke and fresh cut grass roasting on the muffler!

scorpwrench

Threads
Crankshaft seals leaking air? After you start it can you get down & look at the throttle arm where the governor rod hooks in? Can you see if it tries to move downward as the governor pushes down on the rod? Sometimes in the case of worn or unadjusted governor parts, the throttle arm on the carb would get stuck in an over center position holding the butterfly wide open. Flipping it back over will cure the problem until you shut it off, then the arm goes back over center again.