break dont work

Amygibb66

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need a little help I just had new breaks and new drive belt put on my lawn mower and new drive and work the first day but now they dont doesn't stop when in gear. I have adjust them but still no luck. I tighten them to where I cant push then back off a half turn but they still dont work. I dont what else to do please help

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
And what kind of elephant is this. Without knowing what mower with model number you have we don't know which one of the thousands of mowers you have.

keakar

Threads
I need a little help I just had new breaks and new drive belt put on my lawn mower and new drive and work the first day but now they dont doesn't stop when in gear. I have adjust them but still no luck. I tighten them to where I cant push then back off a half turn but they still dont work. I dont what else to do please help
never mind the tighten and back off x amount

set parking brake, tighten adjusting nut as you rock the mower forward and backward until tractor wont roll when pushed and rocked (but it may still move a tad until the slack is taken up) then release the parking brake and mower should roll without and drag on brakes, if it drags back the nut off just a tad until its free, then go ride and the brakes should work perfectly assuming the brake assembly and pins are clean and free moving