Brand New Echo PB 770 questions?

wdrdoctor

Threads
I just bought a brand new pb770t. This blower has a lot of power ,but It really sucks down the gas! Is there a break-in period with these blowers,and will performance and gas consumption improve?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Gas should improve rember being new never run full throttle till a couple gallons of gas has went through it also run a 32:1 mix for at least 3 tanks of fuel do these steps an improvements will come along :thumbsup:

wdrdoctor

Threads
My blower doesn't have throttle settings to run at lower speeds. The only way it sustains a set speed is at Full Throttle. I have only used non-ethanol gas,mixed with the appropriate 2 cycle oil. I had a pb500t before own this pb770. It did seem like that the blower was more powerful after about 6-8 months of use.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I would not recommend running a 32/1 ratio mix in your new unit. First, it may void any possible warranty as Echo states a 50/1 mix in the owners manual. Second, the unit will not run properly, due to the extreme lean setup of todays carbs.

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
The 32:1 just for break in not all the time the first couple tanks is then back to 50:1

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
The 32:1 just for break in not all the time the first couple tanks is then back to 50:1

Ive never heard of doing this, in fact i was told to run a little extra oil the first couple tanks... interesting where did you learn or read about this. Frankly I run 50:1 in all my 2 cycle I dont like having more than one gas tank for 2 cycle so my poulon hedgetrimmer gets a little extra oil and if i am working on a 2 cycle that has a lower fuel ratio I use my 50:1

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The OP and anyone else can use what ever fuel ratio they want. I'm just saying that if the unit would come into the shop for warranty service with a ratio other than 50/1 the dealer and/or Echo can say you are using the wrong ratio and it will not be covered by the warranty. Why give anyone an out, the warranty on that unit is 5 years. Recommending otherwise is not good advise. Just giving a dealers side of view. If you can't use the right fuel, what else are you doing wrong?

Kodie's Lawn Service

Threads
Ive never heard of doing this, in fact i was told to run a little extra oil the first couple tanks... interesting where did you learn or read about this. Frankly I run 50:1 in all my 2 cycle I dont like having more than one gas tank for 2 cycle so my poulon hedgetrimmer gets a little extra oil and if i am working on a 2 cycle that has a lower fuel ratio I use my 50:1

Have heard it from many small engine mechanics some say yes some say no but most I know say yes an have read it some places too it just a matter of option I guess