Brand New Bronco Won't Start

Ca Sledge

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm having a problem starting my brand-new Troy-Bilt Bronco 42 CA with a Briggs & Stratton engine. It was already assembled when I bought it but has never been started. It cranked a few times but never fired up, and then just started clicking. It's getting 12.4 volts. I saw yesterday's post about the Troy-Bilt 'Won't Turn Over or Click', but I'm afraid if I might void the warranty if I try the solenoid test as recommended in the post (and are the solenoids inside the starter in this model?) Is there anything else I can try before I have load this back in my truck and haul it back to where I bought it?

Mower King

Threads
I'm having a problem starting my brand-new Troy-Bilt Bronco 42 CA with a Briggs & Stratton engine. It was already assembled when I bought it but has never been started. It cranked a few times but never fired up, and then just started clicking. It's getting 12.4 volts. I saw yesterday's post about the Troy-Bilt 'Won't Turn Over or Click', but I'm afraid if I might void the warranty if I try the solenoid test as recommended in the post (and are the solenoids inside the starter in this model?) Is there anything else I can try before I have load this back in my truck and haul it back to where I bought it?
I doubt it has a solenoid shift starter (solenoid on the starter motor) but, trace the red battery cable from the starter back, if it goes directly to the battery, the solenoid is on the starter,if it goes to a remote solenoid, that is the starter solenoid.
Any new mower with a problem, you need to contact the place you bought it from about it!

Ca Sledge

Forum Newbie
Threads
I doubt it has a solenoid shift starter (solenoid on the starter motor) but, trace the red battery cable from the starter back, if it goes directly to the battery, the solenoid is on the starter,if it goes to a remote solenoid, that is the starter solenoid.
Any new mower with a problem, you need to contact the place you bought it from about it!
Thank you, appreciate the prompt response.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bite the bullet and take it back to where you purchased it. If you made the mistake of buying from a big box store, call them first and find out who does their warranty work, so you don’t have to run around twice. As you said you don’t want to void warranty, especially if it was a big box store purchase.