Brake/Clutch Pedal Stick in Down Position

LarryJohnson

Threads
After backing the mower out of the shed, stupid brake pedal got stuck in the down position. Won't budge and won't go down any further. I removed the rear wheel, brakes and springs. No movement. Before the sun set, I tapped the pedal with a BFH. No movement. I'm stumped. What's going on.

Pumper54

Threads
Larry,
Sounds like what you need to do is look at the brake system starting with the brake lever pivot and work your way back. It sounds like something (linkage or spring) is jammed up or a bearing/bushing has gone south on you. Have you tied lubricating all the moving points? These machines are really not that complicated. Good luck and let us know what you find.
Tom

LarryJohnson

Threads
Larry,
Sounds like what you need to do is look at the brake system starting with the brake lever pivot and work your way back. It sounds like something (linkage or spring) is jammed up or a bearing/bushing has gone south on you. Have you tied lubricating all the moving points? These machines are really not that complicated. Good luck and let us know what you find.
Tom

Tom,

Just got it working. Best I could figure was the parking brake rod was jammed between a belt and pulley. I adjusted the brakes, so hopefully it won't do that again.

Pumper54

Threads
Larry,
Glad to hear you got it working again
Tom