Export thread

BR 380 NO START

Stihl Boy

Stihl Boy

My BR 380 purchased in 2011 won't start. First the cylinder was flooded to the point the rope could not pull past TDC. I dried the cylinder and it flooded again. Rebuilt the carb with a Stihl rebuild kit, no flooding but no start. New Stihl carb, no flooding but no start. There is a spark, but it looks weak. A little starting fluid in the carb, no start. Took the spark plug (new) out sprayed starting fluid into the cylinder. No start. Fresh gas with alcohol free fuel and Stihl premium oil.

I'm thinking the only thing left could be the coil.

What do you think?

Thanks

StarTech

StarTech

Two things.

First if the cylinder was flood is possible the crankcase has a lot fuel mix it too. So it take a lot pulls get it cleared.

Second have you bother to check the spark arrester screen for clogging? Clogged spark arrest = engine that can't breathe.

Stihl Boy

Stihl Boy

Two things.

First if the cylinder was flood is possible the crankcase has a lot fuel mix it too. So it take a lot pulls get it cleared.

Second have you bother to check the spark arrester screen for clogging? Clogged spark arrest = engine that can't breathe.
One thing I left off my missive was the muffler. I also removed the muffler to inspect the piston. While off I tried starting with no luck. Yes, thanks, the spark arrester is clean.

StarTech

StarTech

Also check the compression. It must be above 100 psi for the engine to be able to ignite the fuel/oil/air load.