Bought new scag cheeta

Patton

Forum Newbie
Threads
Stupid question bought new scag and keys dealer gave me say xmark??

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Look at the key again and get back to us!!
Mad Mackie in CT:biggrin::laughing:

Patton

Forum Newbie
Threads
Says x mark, not kidding, bought new cheeta 61 inch, was demo at farm supply, dealer gave me 2 keys both are same.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
INDAK makes the vast majority of the keyswitches for power equipment and they are all the same key. Years back some mower manufacturers had keys marked with their own markings, been a long time since I have seen any. The key works OK??? Unlike cars the keys are all the same. I was a power equipment mech in the 70s and serviced some older machines that had Cole Hersey key switches with individually cut keys.

Patton

Forum Newbie
Threads
INDAK makes the vast majority of the keyswitches for power equipment and they are all the same key. Years back some mower manufacturers had keys marked with their own markings, been a long time since I have seen any. The key works OK??? Unlike cars the keys are all the same. I was a power equipment mech in the 70s and serviced some older machines that had Cole Hersey key switches with individually cut keys.
Works fine just curious, looking forward to mowing, my hustler fastrack beat me to death after mowing 2 hours could hardly walk.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm pleased with my Scag Tiger Cub but it took me a while to get used to a zero turn. Serviced many but hadn't operated any other than test running following servicing. I had always used high end riders in my own mowing business, fellow commercial lawn care guys that I do service work for pushed me into a Scag zero turn. I didn't use it much the first year, but in 2009 I ran it about 50% and in 2010 and on it is about 95% used. Machine has around 400 hours on it. The hour meter got impossible to read showing all 8888.88. Scag changed hourmeter vendors and I replaced mine but lost track of some hours in the process.
Scags a well designed, engineered, and manufacturered in my opinion. I would have prefered an engine with a particle separating air filter, just wasn't aware of the dust problem at the rear of the machine with a collection system as the bags hang directly behind the engine. My engine is a 26 B&S ELS and I go thru 6-8 air filters in a season. I now know what to get for the next machine if that ever happens and there is always a repower option, which I've done to many of riders that I have used commercially over the years.

Patton

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm pleased with my Scag Tiger Cub but it took me a while to get used to a zero turn. Serviced many but hadn't operated any other than test running following servicing. I had always used high end riders in my own mowing business, fellow commercial lawn care guys that I do service work for pushed me into a Scag zero turn. I didn't use it much the first year, but in 2009 I ran it about 50% and in 2010 and on it is about 95% used. Machine has around 400 hours on it. The hour meter got impossible to read showing all 8888.88. Scag changed hourmeter vendors and I replaced mine but lost track of some hours in the process.
Scags a well designed, engineered, and manufacturered in my opinion. I would have prefered an engine with a particle separating air filter, just wasn't aware of the dust problem at the rear of the machine with a collection system as the bags hang directly behind the engine. My engine is a 26 B&S ELS and I go thru 6-8 air filters in a season. I now know what to get for the next machine if that ever happens and there is always a repower option, which I've done to many of riders that I have used commercially over the years.
My hustler is a 52 inch with a Honda moter, had for 6 years no problems but really like the suspension system on scag cheetah, wanted Kawasaki moter but saved some cash by buying this demo with kohler moter.

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Works fine just curious, looking forward to mowing, my hustler fastrack beat me to death after mowing 2 hours could hardly walk.
I'm 68 with some lower back problems and the first year with my Tiger Cub I was not a happy camper on this machine. Lower back has been OK for a while but as I got comfortable with the Tiger Cub, my ground speed increased and the bounce increased also. Rigid frame machines can be rough riding. If and when I entertain a new machine it will have the largest diameter rear tires available and a shock absorbing seat!!!!!

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
When I started looking for a ZTR I was set on a Ferris 2000 as they have all wheel suspension. However when I priced it with a collection system the dollars were out of my budget. I had just blown an engine on one of my riders, 2,500 hours, and was in the process of repowering it in 2008 when I picked up several more customers. I stopped at my local Scag dealer for a quick look and came home shortly after with the Tiger Cub. I went back the week after and had the collection system installed. Last fall I did order a Hustler X-One with a 54" rear discharge deck for several particular jobs but I just canceled this order having lost one of the contracts. I like Hustlers and there is a possibility of a Hustler in the future. A local cemetery association of which I am a member has an X-One 54" rear discharge machine on order for late spring delivery from the same dealer.
This old buzzard needs to hit the hay, seeya!!