Book for B&S

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Hi - I have a Bluebird dethatcher that is about 20 - 25 years old, that I bought used. The fuel pump and subsequently, tank were bad, but after repair, it runs steady now with new parts. I plan to restore it to an even better condition in the next couple months, and one thing I have not sorted out is adjusting the governor. I think the best solution is to buy a book or find good articles on this engine to be sure all the bases are covered in properly adjusting things on it - governor, speed, valves, etc.. I may even replace the rings because it burns a little oil, although I have read some of the 8hp models have valve seals that wear out. Otherwise I have to search the Internet item by item, to be sure I have the correct procedures. The engine is a white Briggs and Stratton, pull start, with numbers 8HP, 192402 0645 A1 9609 1 91 A . The Bluebird is a model 820, and that company did provide the best pictorial of which dethatcher model they think it is, a C18 but there is nothing on the engine. Any suggestions on an available Briggs book that would cover this model engine?

Auto Doc's

Threads
Go on Ebay and look around. They have lots of B&S manuals in CD and paperback form. This is a little older than 25 years. It's an older horizontal design "flat head" engine, ereplacement. com parts and Jack's small engine.com should have any parts you need for the engine.

If it run well, don't mess with the governor. People always want to mess with them on these engines and there is no reason.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
thank you. The RPM is definitaely off but the governor works.