Bolens 760 riding mower - can't move tractor in Neutral

SMWoody

Threads
  • / Bolens 760 riding mower - can't move tractor in Neutral
Greetings: I'm trying to figure out why a Bolens 760 riding mower will not allow me to move it with engine off. It has a hydrostat drive, and there is no lever or rod or switch or anything I can see that would disengage the transmission to allow me to push it without the engine running (it doesn't start). And at one time I saw a sentence in the owners manual that says to put the shift lever in neutral to be able to move it with engine not running - DOES NOT WORK.... and of course I can't find that sentence anymore - the tractor is about 30 miles away but I need to figure this out - if anybody has any ideas please share - thanks much.....

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Rod to disengage transmission is on hitch plate back of tractor, if missing, will have to pull lever on trans axle back by hand.

lostsole69

Forum Newbie
Threads
Greetings: I'm trying to figure out why a Bolens 760 riding mower will not allow me to move it with engine off. It has a hydrostat drive, and there is no lever or rod or switch or anything I can see that would disengage the transmission to allow me to push it without the engine running (it doesn't start). And at one time I saw a sentence in the owners manual that says to put the shift lever in neutral to be able to move it with engine not running - DOES NOT WORK.... and of course I can't find that sentence anymore - the tractor is about 30 miles away but I need to figure this out - if anybody has any ideas please share - thanks much.....

in the rear of the machine there is a lever pull it out