Export thread

Bolens 760 riding mower - can't move tractor in Neutral

S

SMWoody

Greetings: I'm trying to figure out why a Bolens 760 riding mower will not allow me to move it with engine off. It has a hydrostat drive, and there is no lever or rod or switch or anything I can see that would disengage the transmission to allow me to push it without the engine running (it doesn't start). And at one time I saw a sentence in the owners manual that says to put the shift lever in neutral to be able to move it with engine not running - DOES NOT WORK.... and of course I can't find that sentence anymore - the tractor is about 30 miles away but I need to figure this out - if anybody has any ideas please share - thanks much.....

M

mechanic mark

Rod to disengage transmission is on hitch plate back of tractor, if missing, will have to pull lever on trans axle back by hand.

L

lostsole69

Greetings: I'm trying to figure out why a Bolens 760 riding mower will not allow me to move it with engine off. It has a hydrostat drive, and there is no lever or rod or switch or anything I can see that would disengage the transmission to allow me to push it without the engine running (it doesn't start). And at one time I saw a sentence in the owners manual that says to put the shift lever in neutral to be able to move it with engine not running - DOES NOT WORK.... and of course I can't find that sentence anymore - the tractor is about 30 miles away but I need to figure this out - if anybody has any ideas please share - thanks much.....

in the rear of the machine there is a lever pull it out