Mower deck Body roll leading to uneven cut?

Jinkin02

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello! I have a 2001(?) 17-44HXL that I bought last year. It's my first rider so this is probably a newbie question. I am getting an uneven / not level cut. The left vs right height are not always the same. I have a manual and have gone through all the mower deck adjustment steps, but I think my problem is the body itself? I can shift my weight to the left and have the chassis 'shift' to the left which seems to lift the mower deck on the right side.

Newbie question: Is it normal for a chassis/body to roll or flex? Or should it not have any flex?

silver1

Threads
Hello! I have a 2001(?) 17-44HXL that I bought last year. It's my first rider so this is probably a newbie question. I am getting an uneven / not level cut. The left vs right height are not always the same. I have a manual and have gone through all the mower deck adjustment steps, but I think my problem is the body itself? I can shift my weight to the left and have the chassis 'shift' to the left which seems to lift the mower deck on the right side.

Newbie question: Is it normal for a chassis/body to roll or flex? Or should it not have any flex?
I"m 160 lbs.. If I stand on one side of my rider the body will roll my way, but not the deck. The rear end
is bolted to the frame. The only flex is in the tires. Check the air pressure in all the tires and re-check the
deck adjustments on LEVEL hard surface.
Good luck.

Jinkin02

Forum Newbie
Threads
I"m 160 lbs.. If I stand on one side of my rider the body will roll my way, but not the deck. The rear end
is bolted to the frame. The only flex is in the tires. Check the air pressure in all the tires and re-check the
deck adjustments on LEVEL hard surface.
Good luck.

Thanks for the input. I'll give it another check.