Bobcat ZT227 Electrical Problem

Mitch P

Forum Newbie
Threads
My zero turn decided to not start. When I turn the key nothing happens. No clicks, hum or noise of any kind, it's just dead. I have checked all fuses, kill switches, key switch, clutch switch and the 3 relays. They are all working properly. I have not been able to check the delay module because I don't know how. I checked the power to the key switch. It is getting 12.9 volts, the same reading when I check the battery. I find it interesting that when I turn the key to the ON position the volts at the switch drop to less than 2. I don;t know anything about these systems but that just doesn't seem right to me. Is this an indication of a short?

A little more information, I did check the 2 wires that come off the key switch that are energized when the key is in the ON position, the orange and purple wires. I traced them to the end of the line and removed the connectors. They both had continuity and when the power at the key switch was checked it was 12.9 volts. The power would drop if either of the two circuits were completed. The orange wire turns to green w/yellow strip and terminates at the delay module. The purple terminates at the coil. The following is a link to a schematic: file:///C:/Users/Mitch/Documents/Bob%20Cat/ZT%20Wire%20Harness%20Diagram%20-%20in%20color.pdf

Any advise on a direction to go from here would be much appreciated.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Reported this guy.

ZEKE70

Forum Newbie
Threads
print("Hello, world!")

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Rivets it appears to be a simple mistake thinking he was posting the schematic that is stored locally.

The file link to a file store on his computer which is not accessible to the web. The file must stored on the web and then linked for any of us to access it. I have seen similar things here when Firefox opens a locally stored file.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Star, seeing there was a 5 month gap between the original post and my post and the thread is almost two years old, I’m guessing there was a hacker post in there that was deleted by the admin.