Blower will idle but shuts off if you touch the gas

cruizertoo

Threads
Hi, I have a sears best/ craftsman blower, vac mulcher 32cc, 170 mph, 360 cfm. with a walbro carb wa219b. I have done a rebuild on the carb, only has one removable needle. at two turns out the blower will run at idle but as soon as you touch the gas it dies. What am I missing?

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Open the needle another half turn. When you cleaned the carb are you sure you installed the new diaphragm and gasket in the correct order.

cruizertoo

Threads
Open the needle another half turn. When you cleaned the carb are you sure you installed the new diaphragm and gasket in the correct order.

May have mixed up ? I haven't found any diagrams on the order they should go

lawnboy23

Forum Newbie
Threads
you probably have carbon build up at the exhaust port. That blower was known to do that. By the way, could you send me model number for that blower.

primerbulb120

Threads
Try running the blower without the muffler and see if it works. If it does, soaking the muffler in carb cleaner could solve the problem. If you post the model number, I will try to find a cheap replacement carburetor for it (normally less than $30.) Replacing the carb is easier and works more often that rebuilding it.