Blade timing matter? Cub Cadet 2166 42" deck

XTwarrior1985

Threads
I was leveling my deck today and as soon as I got under to move the blades around for measuring, I saw that the timing of my mower blades changed. About a week ago I had the deck off and timed the blades to be 90 degrees off of each other among other maintenance items. They are timed more like 25 degrees off each other now after 1 mow. The blades are non-interference, meaning they will not strike each other even if they pass end to end.

Would this affect cutting negatively, or does it not really matter in this case?

The deck belt is tight, and the belt has no visible cracking. My wife mowed, however the blades are not beat up like she hit anything. I'm confused as to how it 'skipped' to use a timing belt term from my Subaru days.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
On a system like yours there is no timing of the blades, which means you have no problems. The blades will constantly change their relationship to each other due to minimal slippage of the belt. If you did have a “timed” system, you would need a clogged belt and different pulleys.

XTwarrior1985

Threads
On a system like yours there is no timing of the blades, which means you have no problems. The blades will constantly change their relationship to each other due to minimal slippage of the belt. If you did have a “timed” system, you would need a clogged belt and different pulleys.
I was leaning that way, but wanted to make sure just in case. Thanks!