Blade shaft lost nut, blade came off

drandazzo

Forum Newbie
Threads
Has anyone ever lost a blade when the top nut of the shaft that goes through the spindle came off? Just got a Tiger turf, took it for my first cut. Blade was all the way up, 5", After about 30 minutes I heard a vibration, shut the PTO off. Driving back to the shed, slowly, I turned around and saw the shaft, spacer with blade on the end. It had been dragging but when it hit a small root, the top 1" of the shaft bent and the blade shaft and all was laying on the ground behind me.
Taking it to the dealer tomorrow. I really like the mower, 61" velocity deck, Kawasaki engine. You would think they torque the nuts at the factory.
Thanks, Don

motoman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Don, Bummer, They at least owe you a new deck.

BWH

Threads
I was always told you didn't want to buy a car made on Friday (everyone was thinking about the weekend not assembling cars) Sounds like you got a mower put together on Friday. :smile:

Mad Mackie

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is this a new machine? More than likely the blade bolt got bent, but the bottom area of the spindle shaft may also have been damaged and the loose blade may have damaged the other blades and or the deck in the process of falling out.