Export thread

Blade Removal Tool

R

RustyBoy

Is anyone using a blade removal clamp of any kind? Haven't changed my blades yet but I've been looking for a clamp to stop the blades from moving while removing the nut. I found clamps online but they are only for 2 blade mowers and up to 42"; mine is 48".

Z

zmister11

Is anyone using a blade removal clamp of any kind? Haven't changed my blades yet but I've been looking for a clamp to stop the blades from moving while removing the nut. I found clamps online but they are only for 2 blade mowers and up to 42"; mine is 48".

The first time removed my blades I use an air gun with the compressor. That way the blade won't spin. And now I just tighten with a wrench while holding the blade. And it's not loose but not too tight either

B

Blaine B.

I usually use a block of wood or sometimes a 1/2" pneumatic impact wrench.

S

SeniorCitizen

This simple fixture ( assembled with Elmer's ) works on any mower that has blades narrower than the trough area. Works on my old Murray 2 blade, my JD 2 blade and my son in law's JD 3 blade. I suppose it would work on a 5 blade too. It lays on top of the blades ( trough side down ) open end ( no sides ) extended from the blade tip end some. No clamping or fastening necessary. I begin with the right hand blade and work across removing the blades. Re-assemble by reversing the order.

Attachments