Blade Pitch Pro's Use????

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I know I'm probably "breaking the Forum rules", but I posted this in the General Mower Discussion forum and then decided I may get an answer from a Lawn Care Service Pro quicker here......so here goes:

While prepping my new Gravely for the season this past weekend I read through the Owner's Manual thoroughly. While reading the section regarding "Leveling The Mower Deck" I discovered some information that was new to me(as is a lot about mowing:0)
In the section for checking the blade level and pitch, the recommendation was to ensure that the blade tips were the same distance from the ground with all blades aiming side-to-side. Then the recommendation with the blades aiming front-to-back was for the front tip to be 1/8 inch lower than the rear. That is the deck leveling as I had always understood it.
But.......the instructions had a NOTE: that stated "Pitching the front of the blades lower than the rear provides a balance between cut quality and the power needed to cut the grass. Certain cutting conditions require the deck to be pitched with the rear of the blades lower than the front. Heeling the deck this way requires more engine power but can provide better cut quality."Sooooooooooo, what do some of you guys that mow for a living do regarding the pitch of your blades? Since you are always wanting the customer to be impressed with the cut quality, do you "heel the deck blade pitch" or is there more to this to determine if your engine has "the power" to mow that way??????