Export thread

Blade Drive Belt

M

Mellonman

I am trying to replace the belt from the engine pulley to the blades, it is 88” by 5/8”. It is on a 2020 3160kw. I took the tensioner pulley off. But I cannot get the belt around these big azz pulleys! What is the trick? I have tried spinning it on and using screw drivers to pry it on, but there is no give in the belt. Am I going to have to take one of the pulleys off?

M

MParr

Are you sure that you have the right belt?

StarTech

StarTech

The closest model I can pull up an IPL for is a 2018 model. Can you link us to the IPL showing the 88" belt as the one I got is a lot longer belt. But you may a double belt setup.
1682252035182.png

And yes many times on mower decks the idler pulleys have to be loosen up to get the belts pass the belt retainers.

M

Mellonman

Are you sure that you have the right belt?
Yes, I measured the one that came off and verified in the owners manual.

M

Mellonman

The closest model I can pull up an IPL for is a 2018 model. Can you link us to the IPL showing the 88" belt as the one I got is a lot longer belt. But you may a double belt setup.
View attachment 64025

And yes many times on mower decks the idler pulleys have to be loosen up to get the belts pass the belt retainers.
so I got the 88’’ belt on and it is very snug with no room for the tension pulley to go back on. In my manual it lists an 89” belt for a 70” deck. Is there any chance my mower could have the same size pulleys as a 70” and require a 89” belt? Would DC do such a thing? there is no way to get the idler back on with this 88” belt.

StarTech

StarTech

That the problem you have the wrong belt. DC #2010B88W is a B (5/8") x 91" cloth wrapped belt.

And 70" deck is DC 2010B89W which is a 92" belt.

M

Mellonman

That the problem you have the wrong belt. DC #2010B88W is a B (5/8") x 91" cloth wrapped belt.

And 70" deck is DC 2010B89W which is a 92" belt.
Ok so I may have called it the wrong thing. It is the Engine to deck belt.

StarTech

StarTech

Ok so I may have called it the wrong thing. It is the Engine to deck belt.
Yes that is what it is called ( or can be the Primary deck belt) and that is what I figured out here. And even the deck numbers I previously post are wrong as I was looking at the wrong machine which has one deck belt system.
1682290038235.png
In the case of the 60" deck its secondary belt is B x 133" Raw Edge.

M

MParr

M

Mellonman

It is a 2020 Classic 3160KW, The belt guide shows an 88” belt for the Engine to Deck belt. So it is extremely tight, so much so that now I cannot get the tensioner pulley back on. I tried to upload pictures but it tells me it is too large for the server.

H

hlw49

It is a 2020 Classic 3160KW, The belt guide shows an 88” belt for the Engine to Deck belt. So it is extremely tight, so much so that now I cannot get the tensioner pulley back on. I tried to upload pictures but it tells me it is too large for the server.
Are you using a Dixie Chopper belt or an after market belt? All 5/8 belts measure like this a B88 belt is 91 inches as you measure the out side of the belt it will measure 3 inches longer. . If u are measuring the outside of the belt to be 88 inches the belt is 3 inches too short. Always use oem belts when possible.

sgkent

sgkent

Looking at the chart for a 2020 3160kw

Engine to deck belt 4350706 173.02"
Transmission belt 672764 Laminated Aramid 73.082"

H

hlw49

That belt is for the eagle. Which is a one belt system for the deck. The Classic is a two belt system to the deck.