Black and Decker cordless mower - removing the wheel

seanathen

Threads
It's never too late. :) I have been waiting for the mowing season to end before attempting this. I'm not sure I can even fix the leveler when I DO get the wheel off, but I'm certain that I can't fix it WITHOUT getting it off. When I try it, I will post my success or failure. In Vegas, we have about 1 week left of mowing and then grass stops growing.

petehouk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am about to replace some wheels and would like to know how to easily get those clips off. In the past I have pried them off with a screwdriver. That's not too elegant and one at least one wheel I chewed up the plastic in the center so that the hub cap doesn't stay put anymore.

I sure would like to know the right way to do this!

rontrobertson

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / Black and Decker cordless mower - removing the wheel
My problem is the clip and wheel came off by themselves and I'm trying to figure out how to get the clip back on. Neither the axle nor the wheel appear to be damaged.

petehouk

Forum Newbie
Threads
I put a socket over the axle and then hit it with a hammer. You shouldn't have to hit it hard enough to hurt the socket.

If the wheel came off on its own, though, I expect that your pushnut is damaged. You may need to get a new one. My hardware store (Stadium Hardware in Ann Arbor, MI) has several pushnuts in stock in the Hillman fastener section. The kind they carry have a plastic cap over them (picture in URL below). You can pry the pushnut out of the cap if you want. You can also buy the pushnuts directly from Black and Decker but then you have to pay for shipping.

https://encrypted-tbn2.gstatic.com/...uMYemyzSezHNAf0HbqpQ6a6lp9ewK03V6B4utl7g_yo9w

rontrobertson

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. I should have thought of the socket trick. Duh. Yeah, I figure I'll have to replace it, but it might hold until I can get to a hardware store.