Bicycle Mower...a crazy dream!

Greenblades

Threads
@mystreba Those are actually all really good suggestions. I hadn't even thought about reverse. Perhaps I would only use it on a central patch for the exercise and reduced fuel use. That way I would only have to turn 'round and 'round. Then I could do the outer edges with a regular mower. (And also make crop circles :laughing:)

The physics in my brain is a little rusty, but I am thinking about this gear problem. I think y'all are right that if I work the gear size and ratio out just right it will lessen the effort needed to mow. And I think you are right about the tires. Good info for when I select an old frame to modify.

Speaking of which, the back double wheel design is making me think I would have to modify the bike by welding on a new part...I've never welded before, so I might have to either look for an old novelty bike frame, or think about a different way of doing it...perhaps if the frame is hollow boring holes for bolts and making sure the wheel fork can be inserted into the frame and bolted in that way...Or another way. The ole gears are grinding.

mystreba

Threads
Just thinking about getting the bicycle gears involved in an integrated fashion.... ever see a hand beater in action?

Most mowers have a deck in the middle. Something to think about.

Attachments

• eggbeater.jpg
    eggbeater.jpg
    7.1 KB · Views: 9