BG85 Blower won't take the gas

stemo99

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a 2 yr old BG85 Stihl blower has intermittant bogging problems. The fuel I'm using is fresh with the correct oil mixture. It starts right up and sometimes works great. The next time I use it, when I give it the throttle, it just bogs down until really warmed up, then it only bogs a little but really doesnt reach top rpm's as it should. I adjusted the carb per the manual and it works fine till the next time I use it. Then it's the same old bogging problem. It seems to me that it's starving for fuel because when it is in the bogging cycle, if I cover the blower tube with my hand it screams to life. When it works to it's potential, it's a beast, love it. But the next time I use it not so good. Can anyone help me.

Thanks
Steve

lakeviewpe

Threads
Steve,

Maybe you can check if the exhaust is blowing out, or if it is clogged up. A clogged exhaust will cause the blower to bog down.

If this is the case, your solutions will be to take muffler off and heat it with a torch to burn all the carbon out and then make sure your oil mixture is correct, 50:1 and use a good oil.

Otherwise if this is the case you can replace the muffler.

If it is a carb issue, normally, the machine would not idle.

This blower is more superior to the BG86 and is not available anymore, I would definately take good care of it.