BG56C blower won’t start

Jakeman

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a Stihl BG56C blower which hasn’t been used much but will not start. Engine turns over but will not start. Replaced fuel filter, bulb, and air filter. Fairly clean carb and fuel lines but pressing bulb won’t draw gas into bulb. Are gaskets in carb not sealing, need replacing? Any other advice?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Fresh fuel ? If not, try that first.

Put a squirt of fuel directly into the carb throat, and see if it runs for a few seconds, then dies.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Also check if it has spark arrester in the muffler. Takes a 16mm socket to remove it if present. These tends to clog with carbon.

Jakeman

Forum Newbie
Threads
Will try gas squirt in carb. I had already checked the spark arrester but forgot to mention that! Thanks to you both for the advice and I’ll report back if can it going.

Band-aid Kid

Threads
Think of the primer bulb as a pump. Pressing it will force fuel/air into the tank. Releasing the bulb sucks fuel from the tank and into the carb and bulb.
If there is no fuel in the bulb, fuel is not getting from the tank. Either a break in the line from the tank, blocked filter in the tank, dirty carb, bad bulb could be causes.

Hope this helps.