Best place to purchase Honda residential walk-behind lawn mowers?

Blaine B.

Threads
  • / Best place to purchase Honda residential walk-behind lawn mowers?
I have been thinking about biting the bullet and upgrading to a Honda residential walk-behind lawn mower for myself and my Father, looking to purchase two lawn mowers. What would be the best place to buy something like this in Central Florida, brick-and-mortar or shipped from online? Would be looking for a self-propelled lawn mower with the Rota-Stop blade brake system. Are there any features that I might want to look out for or any other recommendations from the crowd? Electric start is not a necessity and quite frankly is NOT wanted! Thanks in advance.

volvofan94

Threads
Last I checked, Home Depot, near my location, still had some Honda lawn mowers available for sale. You can check Honda Authorized small engine retailer shops around your city, but with Honda no longer making gas push mowers, new ones from stores may be getting a bit harder to find.

Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist would be my next suggestion to find a gently used mower if you can't find a mower at a store with the features you want.

Feature-wise, I like the hydrostatic transmission option; both of my Honda lawn mowers have it. Never used a mower with Honda's Smart Drive or the 1-2-3 speed transmission options. Roto-stop, like you mentioned, is a good feature to have too.

Blaine B.

Threads
Last I checked, Home Depot, near my location, still had some Honda lawn mowers available for sale. You can check Honda Authorized small engine retailer shops around your city, but with Honda no longer making gas push mowers, new ones from stores may be getting a bit harder to find.

Facebook Marketplace or Craigslist would be my next suggestion to find a gently used mower if you can't find a mower at a store with the features you want.

Feature-wise, I like the hydrostatic transmission option; both of my Honda lawn mowers have it. Never used a mower with Honda's Smart Drive or the 1-2-3 speed transmission options. Roto-stop, like you mentioned, is a good feature to have too.
Thank you for the suggestions. I had read a while back (not sure how long ago actually, time flies) that HONDA was getting out of the small engine business because all of this electrification bullschit. I did not know that the effects of that change were already occurring right now.

After reading your email this afternoon I searched on Home Depot and was surprised to see such low inventory for their models with hydrostatic transmission and blade brake. Luckily I was able to find the last 2 model HRX217K6HYAD (21 in. Nexite Deck Hydrostatic Cruise Control Gas Walk Behind Self-Propelled Mower with Blade Stop) lawn mowers in this area. Inventory was so low that the website wouldn't even mention it - most stores said "NONE" but probably a half dozen said that inventory was low and to contact the store to find out. I finally found 2 separate stores in Orlando and Casselberry that each had 1 remaining in the unopened box. I acquired the other for my Father. All in all, an unplanned, unexpected last-minute success, thankfully.

Oops, almost forgot - Website listed the HRX217K6HYAD as $999.00, but in store was only $699.00!

Last edited: