Best Blade for Vaccum System

GHdiesel6

Threads
I'm currently using the medium lift blade which grasshopper recommends but I didn't know if anyone else has personally used any other blades like the predator blades or the high lift blades because with the medium lift blades it doesn't seem to lift leaves that are low to the ground.. Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks

MBDiagMan

Threads
Sorry I can't help, but I just got my 725K2 with 861 Power Vac yesterday. I don't know what blades are on it, but as I experiment with different blades I will share notes. I have a lot of large Cataulpa leaves to pick up, so I should be able report back with my results soon.

I have to mow some Bahia grass which I expect to present different problems than picking up leaves. Bahia is tall and hard to cut.

I look forward to comparing notes regarding this subject.
Larry

MBDiagMan

Threads
Since writing my previous post yesterday, I finished up on my mower except for awaiting parts for the bagger.

When rebuilding the spindles I just stuck the old blades back on as an experiment to see what it would do with dull blades. It cut some bermuda grass beautifully, but I took out back through some tall, dead Bahia grass and it left alot of it standing. No surprise, but I wanted to see what it would do.

After I sharpen them and see the effect on the Bahia, I will pull the blades and take them to the GH shop and compare them. I am pretty sure that they are medium lift blades, but I will find out. Unless when sharpened, they work well on the Bahia with the bagger, I will get something different and try it. I've read that the high lifts don't work well with the bagger, but in the case of Bahia, I think that what works in other situations may not work with Bahia.

Larry

awyaks

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm currently using the medium lift blade which grasshopper recommends but I didn't know if anyone else has personally used any other blades like the predator blades or the high lift blades because with the medium lift blades it doesn't seem to lift leaves that are low to the ground.. Any advice would be appreciated!! Thanks

I have the same question, because my 725G2 has high lift blades with the power vac system. The high lift seems to work well - but I don't have anything to compare them to. However on the blower attachment there's a placard that says "Important - use only medium lift blades" or something like that.

Why is it 'Important' to only use medium lift blades?

MBDiagMan

Threads
I've wondered about the "why" part of that question as well. I wonder if it has something to do with the extra power it would take to turn them.

Larry