Export thread

Battery Won't Charge - Craftsman Model#917.28852 lawn tractor

D

DWL

My battery had gone dead and would not charge. I assumed it was the battery since the tractor is only 2 yrs old. Bought a new battery. That one has went dead as well. It appears that the battery is not charging. The owners manual was less than helpful. Does anyone have ideas on how to diagnose and fix this issue?

S

scaraboat

My battery had gone dead and would not charge. I assumed it was the battery since the tractor is only 2 yrs old. Bought a new battery. That one has went dead as well. It appears that the battery is not charging. The owners manual was less than helpful. Does anyone have ideas on how to diagnose and fix this issue?

Try this....remove the positive terminal from battery....now lightly tap the positive battery post with the positive lead...if you see a slight spark...what you have is something draining the battery. get a friend with good hearing...now slightly tap the terminal repeatedly and have friend rotating around the mower until you hear the connection coming on and off...once you locate the drain...take it from there.

M

Mikel1

I would check the voltage while it's running to see if it's charging.