Export thread

Badboy Lightning Hydro adjustments....how???

H

Hardluck

Can someone remind me how to adjust the speed and sensitivity of the the Hydro on a Badboy Lightning mower? It is just to sensitive.. Rapid starts and turns. I just destroy the turf when turning, even as slow as I can.

Thanks.

I need to have more motion in the levers before the unit reacts.

A

allmotor408

Hardluck- did you ever get any input here?

H

Hardluck

No, I never got any advise or answers. Not even from Badboy when I called them.

H

hlw49

How old is the mower did it do it since it was new?

H

Hardluck

Thank you, it's a 2011 mower, I think. It was the last year for the Lightning . It has about 30 hours on it. It has been in the garage mostly because i can not use it. Yes, it has always done it!

B

BigBlueEdge

Have you tried your dealer? They were no help?

Have you tried e-mailing Bad Boy? I've asked 3 or 4 questions of them before my purchase and since and they have been very helpful and responsive via e-mail. Even to the point of creating a set of alternate front arms for me to try to address an issue (which may be the standard parts for next year's model).

info (at) badboymowers.com

H

hlw49

how hard are the steering arms to move with the mower not running. Have seen steering arms too tight and cause this problem.

H

hlw49

Looked up your mower and it has lock nut and springs to apply tension to the steering arms. Try loosening the nuts to put less tension on the arms.

M

MParr

Looked up your mower and it has lock nut and springs to apply tension to the steering arms. Try loosening the nuts to put less tension on the arms.
The spring tension is set by using a feeler gage of 0.030. Or about the thickness of a credit card. The card or feeler gage is inserted between the spring coils. The springs are loosed or tightened until there is the 0.030 gap between the coils.

H

Hardluck

Have you tried your dealer? They were no help?

Have you tried e-mailing Bad Boy? I've asked 3 or 4 questions of them before my purchase and since and they have been very helpful and responsive via e-mail. Even to the point of creating a set of alternate front arms for me to try to address an issue (which may be the standard parts for next year's model).

info (at) badboymowers.com
Yes I have and they are no help. Says that it can not be done, have to replace the hydros with different types..
I had a couple other issues right after i first bought it and they were not any help with either. They may be better now with new purchases but for me their after sale support sucks!!!

H

Hardluck

I tried to adjust the arms, but for the life of me I could not get the nuts loose. Even with a cheater bar. Finally I was afraid I would break something so I gave up. Not much room in there either.

M

MParr

Page 14 Section 2
Spray some penetrating oil on the nuts and let them soak overnight.

H

Hardluck

Page 14 Section 2
Spray some penetrating oil on the nuts and let them soak overnight.
Yep, tried that, they are super clean no rust , mower has been inside it whole life. i can't tell but it appears the nuts may be loctite sealed or even spot welded in a spot so they can't be removed or I should say will not loosen. Even tried the ole hitting the cheater bar with a hammer as we all know a jeck is better than a steady pull.

Thank you for the advise.

M

MParr

Aren’t there two nuts there? One being used to lock the other in position?

B

BigBlueEdge

That sucks. Try the Bad Boy e-mail route. They've been great.

H

Hardluck

Yes there are

H

Hardluck

That sucks. Try the Bad Boy e-mail route. They've been great.
I have several times, I have totally given up on BagBoy. Maybe they are better now but mine sucks. Leaks hydo fluids and I can't find from where it comes. Deck ties both leak air, from day one. slow but every couple of months they are near flat.
I was so stupid and was told that the tires were no flat tires, after they went flat I found the stem on inside of the wheels very hard to locate, especially when i was told no flat so I didn't crawl around looking. No worries it was my fault...buyer beware.
It does run a cat though.

M

MParr

Put a wrench on one, with a pipe slipped over it. Do the same with another wrench. Stand on the inside wrench and put some meat on the outside wrench. Righty tighty, lefty loosie.

Ron3

Ron3

Not trying to be negative toward you but you need to take your mower to a good service center, rather than making bad remarks about the munfactuer.

H

Hardluck

Not trying to be negative toward you but you need to take your mower to a good service center, rather than making bad remarks about the munfactuer.
Right you are. I didn't ( usually never do) start out that way on the forum, but when answer questions I got a little ramped up. I was Po'D when it first happened but Igot over it long ago.

Problem is, I am about 50 miles from a dealer.

H

Hardluck

Put a wrench on one, with a pipe slipped over it. Do the same with another wrench. Stand on the inside wrench and put some meat on the outside wrench. Righty tighty, lefty loosie.
Great idea, but there is not enough room for stand on anything in the space.

Thanks

M

MParr

Great idea, but there is not enough room for stand on anything in the space.

Thanks
Can you get the spring of of the post on the opposite end? If you can, separating those nuts might be easier.