BADBOY 2009 Lightning need help to keep running

Hardluck

Threads
BADBOY Lightning 2009. about 30 hours on the mower.

Here is my latest updates:
Seat switch, PTO, ignition switch and all 4 relays removed cleaned and tested. All good and working.
Seat switch tested ...good. (you can even hear it clicking when engaged and disengaged)
PTO switch tested .. good (you can even hear it clicking when engaged and disengaged)

Mower started and ran several times for short intervals. finally got it running for a couple minutes never good enough to engage the PTO , mostly had to have the choke full or half to keep it running. Only ran about 1/2 or 2/3 speed. Finally would not start until it sat with the ignition on (you can hear what seems to be the fuel pump running) for a minute or so. Then it would start and run poorly again. never good enough to even get it put of the garage to be able to have room to work it very well.
I looked at the fuel filter but of course you can't tell anything by looking. I am trying to locate the fuel shut of valve so that I can change the fuel filter but can not find one. Can't find one in the manual either (really poor manual).
Called Badboy and emailed them again and never get any replies.

Any and all advise or comments are appreciated, I am mid 70 years old and limited in my physical (and probably mental) abilities) but am really needing to get this thing running. Thanks again.

mechanic mark

Lawn Pro
Threads
Need all engine information: Make, Model, Serial & all numbers from engine, thanks Mark

Tiger Small Engine

Threads
BADBOY Lightning 2009. about 30 hours on the mower.

Here is my latest updates:
Seat switch, PTO, ignition switch and all 4 relays removed cleaned and tested. All good and working.
Seat switch tested ...good. (you can even hear it clicking when engaged and disengaged)
PTO switch tested .. good (you can even hear it clicking when engaged and disengaged)

Mower started and ran several times for short intervals. finally got it running for a couple minutes never good enough to engage the PTO , mostly had to have the choke full or half to keep it running. Only ran about 1/2 or 2/3 speed. Finally would not start until it sat with the ignition on (you can hear what seems to be the fuel pump running) for a minute or so. Then it would start and run poorly again. never good enough to even get it put of the garage to be able to have room to work it very well.
I looked at the fuel filter but of course you can't tell anything by looking. I am trying to locate the fuel shut of valve so that I can change the fuel filter but can not find one. Can't find one in the manual either (really poor manual).
Called Badboy and emailed them again and never get any replies.

Any and all advise or comments are appreciated, I am mid 70 years old and limited in my physical (and probably mental) abilities) but am really needing to get this thing running. Thanks again.

Carburetor most likely needs to be cleaned. Fuel pump works off of pulses from the engine when starting and running. Find a small local shop to help if you cannot remove, thoroughly clean, and put the carburetor back on. Also drain old fuel completely and blow out tank.

Hardluck

Threads
Thank you, I am working on getting this done. Hope I can do it and it works.