Bad Boy ZT

mcc

Forum Newbie
Threads
I had a Exmark pioneer but I sold it and got a BadBoy ZT. I like the power and the way it drives and the mowing is great on 100% flat surfaces but the anti scalp wheels don't do a lot. Has any one else encountered this. BadBoy is sending me adjustable deck tabs for the outside deck wheels but nothing for the inside deck wheels. Will this be enough?

Mike

Vanousb

Threads
Re: New Member

I had the Bad Boy on my list of four along with Gravely, Exmark, and Hustler. I am not a commercial mower, but have large yard with more for father in law. Actually ended up with 2013 Pioneer S. I felt it was best for me and out performed the others for cut, power, and ride. May I ask why you sold your Pioneer? Age? Performance?

mcc

Forum Newbie
Threads

Actually I liked my mower but I hated the local service. So I decided I would start all over. A BadBoy dealer just opened a satalite store that was close to my house so it seemed like a good opportunity. I didn't have any major problems with my pioneer just 2 pulleys and about 4 belts. I mow at my parents and gum balls from a tree caused problems with my belts(both drive and deck).

Vanousb

Threads

Actually I liked my mower but I hated the local service. So I decided I would start all over. A BadBoy dealer just opened a satalite store that was close to my house so it seemed like a good opportunity. I didn't have any major problems with my pioneer just 2 pulleys and about 4 belts. I mow at my parents and gum balls from a tree caused problems with my belts(both drive and deck).

I feel the dealer and the service you get from them is equally important in deciding the mower (or car/computer/...) you get as each maker has a mower that equally compares with similar specs when you reach the upper end models. Matter of preference after that. My Exmark dealer was one major factor in me going with it. Is also our local farmers service and has great history of service here. BB and Gravely did not really seem to care whether I bought or not. What year was your pioneer? Hope you get your Bad Boy issue resolved. Seem odd to have to add on to the deck. Seem like a logical part to have in place to start with.

mcc

Forum Newbie
Threads

You are right about that. It kind of scares me that I had to add them. My pioneer was a 2011.

Briana

Lawn Addict
Threads
Welcome to LawnWorld!

We moved your thread to the Mower & Equipment Operation forum.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

You are right about that. It kind of scares me that I had to add them. My pioneer was a 2011.
If you only got 3-4 years of service out of the ExMark, I'm afraid you are going to be disappointed with the Bad Boy ZT. IMHO, the Bad Boy Outlaw is a nice, heavy duty ZTR...but anything below that isn't anywhere close to the quality of that ExMark Pioneer. Also...your current problem......I read a lot of reviews when I was shopping in 2012 where Bad Boy owners had a LOT of cut quality issues:0(

Ron3

Threads
I doubt he will be disappointed I have a bad MZ 42 and I get a really nice cut on my 3/4 acre lot. Before I bought the badboy had it mowed commercially by a guy with an Xmart and he left ruts in my yard. Just my experience.