bad boy magnum help needed..

ken2

Threads
Assume im stupid.. how/where do i check this? if the switch was in fact bad, how would that affect just turning the mower on/off and getting on/off it. thanks
The purpose of the seat switch is to make sure the operator doesn't get off the mower with the blades running. If the switch is not working correctly. It will kill the engine when you turn the deck on. You check the switch for continuity with a multimeter. Or make a jumper wire to temporarily bypass the switch. I just fixed this problem on an old Snapper Yard Cruiser. One of many problems it had with the deck.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
The purpose of the seat switch is to make sure the operator doesn't get off the mower with the blades running. If the switch is not working correctly. It will kill the engine when you turn the deck on. You check the switch for continuity with a multimeter. Or make a jumper wire to temporarily bypass the switch. I just fixed this problem on an old Snapper Yard Cruiser. One of many problems it had with the deck.
Not seat switches can be bypassed using a jumper which is same as a shorting strip which is part of the seat connector on those mower. Normal NO switches but not NC switches. Therefore it is important to know the model number of the equipment in order to look-up a wiring schematic to see how the seat is connected. Also some seat are dual pole version vs single pole version.

geekpipe

Forum Newbie
Threads
well.. found one issue. deck is broken. the one side is drooping.. someone must have hit something hard as the metal adjuster piece sheared off. it looks like it unbolts from deck but have to have it welded. Argh!

Gord Baker

Threads
I have a 2021 magnum. The deck problem could be the saftey switch on the seat. There is no adjustment on the levers. you can buy adjustable levers from BB they are expensive. I looked into.
My bad boy is not as sensitive as my Exmark.
On some models at the bottom of the steering levers there is an adjustment to move them closer or further away. You might check that out.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
well.. found one issue. deck is broken. the one side is drooping.. someone must have hit something hard as the metal adjuster piece sheared off. it looks like it unbolts from deck but have to have it welded. Argh!
If the front rod that pulls the deck along is the broken piece, order a new one, they are not that expensive and are heavier, so order two.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
The problem with the blade engagement is likely due to bad pulleys or deck spindles. It could also be a bad PTO clutch.
It’s a 2013 and you are pulling a DR brush cutter. It probably has the original oil in the transmissions.
The position of the levers are not adjustable. The tracking is adjustable.
There may be a reason that you got it for cheap.

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
HI.. hoping i can get some insight into this magnum mz 2013 zero turn i picked up cheap. Sure appreciate any help with probably silly questions. First zero turn.

1. we used it to pull a small bushhog DR unit behind it. Didnt use blades on BB Magnum. After about 2 hours.. i tried to engage the Magnums blades and it kept stalling out immediately. Throttle all the way up. Has new plugs and air filter but not new fuel filter.

2. the grass where i was .. more of grass and rough ground but totally dry. back wheels kept spinning. i assume its due to the ground as its not regular smooth lawn.

3. when i push sticks forward or back there is like a straining sound or groaning. almost like in a car when power steering groans. Any idea how to fix this?

4. sticks are way too sensitive and too close to me.. any way to make them less sensitive or move them a bit forward?

thanks!
stuff under deck preventing blades from freely moving. to change the sticks center point, an adjustment of top half of sticks versus the bottom where by you do not change the bottom but move top where it is comfy. Ignore the noise except under almost all operation, engine at top speed. Exception is in tight corners- low speed for better control.