B & S V twin intek flooding after running awhile

Rufushank

Forum Newbie
Threads
Help please!! Engine cranks instantly and runs perfectly good for about 10-15 minutes. Then, it acts like it is flooding or running on 1 cylinder.
Fuel tank has been cleaned, new fuel pump, new plugs and 1 fellow claims to have cleaned the carb.
After a couple of hours, it will crank perfectly, mow for 10-15 minutes and begin flooding.
Fresh fuel, clean filters...can anyone offer a valid suggestion? B & S support was worthless...
Thank you!!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I would lean toward running on one cylinder. When it starts running poorly then shut it off and remove the spark plugs, and reinstall them in the boot and hold them to a bare spot of metal on the engine and have somebody crank the engine and watch for spark. Or get two of those inline blink type spark testers, and install them on each cylinder when cold and then when it starts acting up then see which one is not firing. Could be another issue like valve clearances but loss of spark on one cylinder would be my first guess.

Rufushank

Forum Newbie
Threads
You are correct sir! In-line tester showed a “spark problem” AFTER the mower was running for about 15 minutes. Other side tested “normal”. Would your best guess be a coil?

Tinkerer200

Threads
I would disconnect the Kill Wires from the base of each coil and try it. While it might be a coil, they are very reliable and the Kill Wire diodes failing is more common.
Walt Conner

Rufushank

Forum Newbie
Threads
I would lean toward running on one cylinder. When it starts running poorly then shut it off and remove the spark plugs, and reinstall them in the boot and hold them to a bare spot of metal on the engine and have somebody crank the engine and watch for spark. Or get two of those inline blink type spark testers, and install them on each cylinder when cold and then when it starts acting up then see which one is not firing. Could be another issue like valve clearances but loss of spark on one cylinder would be my first guess.
Thank you for your help! Turned out to be a coil going bad...replaced that and the mower runs great!!