B&S Opposed Twin Fuel Problem

biggertv

Threads
Just came across this. I started a topic on the Briggs engine forum about installing an electric fuel pump. Did you go out the outlet from the electric pump through the inlet to the carb pump and just cap the pulse input?
From gas tank to Electric Pump to Fuel Inlet. Didn't cap Anything. No, gass does not flow to the pulse port. Apparently, design of the pump won't allow flow there. Oh and I used the Headlight Wires. To all the Purist out there: I used Wire Nuts on Power Lawn Equipment. I did Not measure Voltage, Amperage, Fuel pressure, Gallons per Minute or if approved by Federal, State or Local Gubberment. It Just Works. Stop fiddlin' with those POS stock fuel pumps. It will quit at the Back of the pasture every time. Good Luck!

rancher_mac

Threads
From gas tank to Electric Pump to Fuel Inlet. Didn't cap Anything. No, gass does not flow to the pulse port. Apparently, design of the pump won't allow flow there. Oh and I used the Headlight Wires. To all the Purist out there: I used Wire Nuts on Power Lawn Equipment. I did Not measure Voltage, Amperage, Fuel pressure, Gallons per Minute or if approved by Federal, State or Local Gubberment. It Just Works. Stop fiddlin' with those POS stock fuel pumps. It will quit at the Back of the pasture every time. Good Luck!
Thanks for the info, I’m looking to move this direction. Probably put a pcv valve on the hose for the crank case pulse and cap the pump pulse inlet. I’m guessing your lights must run on dc power? Mine are AC so I’m going to probably tap into the ignition wiring. As you said, who cares about that approval junk. I talked with a local auto shop and the epa is trying to crack down on them for deleting the Active Fuel Management from GM rigs…even though it maybe saves 1mpg and by the time you replace the parts you’ve spent more than you saved on gas.