Export thread

B&S engine oil in the combustion chamber

J

judge2b

I have a Craftsman push mower with a B&S 122T02-0824-E1 engine on it.

Basically, won't start. I pulled the plug and the plug had some oil on it. Swapped plugs and same thing, oil getting on the plug. Will this prevent it from starting? The oil was a milky grey color so I changed the oil. The oil WAS overfull until I changed it. I thought maybe moisture or fuel in the oil made it overfull. Not sure.

I pulled the plug and then pulled the starter a bunch of times in case there was oil in the combustion chamber. Nothing came out (this was before the oil change).

I put fresh gas in, gas getting to the carb. Air filter removed because it's dirty (will get a new one once I get the thing running).
Carb cleaned out, new float pin and pin seat (this was torn up, so I replaced it). Carb looks good. Gaskets are good.
Even checked compression, dry and wet - 61 psi all around.

Any ideas?

Attachments

• B&S120000 series Manual.pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 3

R

Rivets

With compression that low, I suspect you may have a valve problem. Two ways to find out, get cylinder leakage tester or pull the head.

S

sleepy718

Sounds like one of the valves are broken or cracked which will cause the engine to push oil up to the cylinder best bet is to take off the head and check the valves