B&D Lawn Force 19" no start.

CRAFTSMAN4

Forum Newbie
New user here, so please forgive me if I mess something up.

I have a corded electric lawn mower, which appears to be a Black & Decker lm1900 type 1.
It seems to work sporadically... after using it for a few minutes it stops and won't start again. It has done this a few times. I have replaced the brush shunts, bypassed the starter switch, and have gotten continuity through the motor. According to my research the next thing to troubleshoot is the bridge rectifier. However my bridge rectifier appears to be part of a larger module, probably a soft-start module, which is potted in a hard resin. I haven't been able to find a replacement part for the whole module.

So I'm curious if you guys can give me any advice about whether this thing is fixable, and if so, how it can be done.

module.jpg
The module says "This is a nonservicable part", and has the number 8801C on the back.
The bridge rectifier is a kbpc2504w, and also says 8737AC on the side.
 

Attachments

  • black and decker lm1900 type 1.jpg
    black and decker lm1900 type 1.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
  • lawnmower with module.jpg
    lawnmower with module.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 1
Back
Top