Axle Seal Loose on Husqvarna

Fishin

Threads
I have a rear axle seal loose on my Husqvarna lawn tractor. Does this seal just press in? Is there anyway to add the grease that leaked out? Thanks.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Couple of questions before we can help you. Please post the model and serial numbers for your unit so we can see what you are talking about. Can you tell us which side of the tranny are you talking about? How long has it been loose and how much fluid do you think leaked out? Remember we are not standing next to you, so you need to paint us the best picture you can. A picture of the seal would help.

Fishin

Threads
Couple of questions before we can help you. Please post the model and serial numbers for your unit so we can see what you are talking about. Can you tell us which side of the tranny are you talking about? How long has it been loose and how much fluid do you think leaked out? Remember we are not standing next to you, so you need to paint us the best picture you can. A picture of the seal would help.
I pressed the seal back in with my hand. It's the left rear on a Husqvara model YTA24V48, BOUGHT FROM Lowe's a few years ago. Left rear tire had a good amount of grease on it so I do worry about the grease loss. Thanks.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
That would a General Transmissions RS800. That seal will need replacing. PN GT41857-B which is an updated axle seal. As for the grease, the amount present is usually looks to be more than it is. Replace the seal and drive the mower around for about 30 minutes and then feel the bottom of the transaxle. It should be warn but not overly hot if it still has plenty of grease.

If is not easy to add grease due location of the area where grease is added. It might require dropping the transaxle to get to the fill location. So far I have only replace two seals and there was no need to add grease. Even the one pictured below didn't any additional grease.
P04-07-19_11.56.jpg

Fishin

Threads
Exactly what mine looked like. Thank you very much!