Axle Bent. Suggestions? YTH24V54

Kb2112

Threads
I bought a rider YTH24V54, and never noticed the rear axle on the left side was bent. Its not the wheel, I have it jacked up.
How difficult is it to replace the axle on these things? Im mechanically inclined, but this is a new to me machine and I dont want to mess it up. Is it a home fixable thing? If I dont fix it, will I ruin the transmission?

Thank you for your help and advise

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Depending on brand of tranny used parts may not be available, and either way would require disassembly of the tranny to remove and replace the axle.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Looks like all the variations of the YTH24V54 use the Tuff Torq K46BT transaxle. There is only one US distributor for these parts but several retail vendors on online. Ordertree is the distributor retail site.

Removing the axle is fairly simple after you remove the transaxle and turn it upside down. Of you will need to split the case and reseal it later. It basically similar to automobile differentials where the axle are held with c-clips. Once you remove these the axle simple slide out. I don't have that details at hand but I have done several times for axle seal replacement. At one time K46 were breaking axles so a bent one is not out of the range.

One of note here everything has to super clean and keep sure clean while the case is open. Dust and other debris is the enemy here with these units.