Export thread

Avoiding tire flat spot during storage

TonyPrin

TonyPrin

I have a Cub Cadet XT1 riding mower. I don't expect to use it again until March or April so I put it away for the season. I'm concerned about tire flat spots given that it won't be used for perhaps 4 months so I'm planning to rotate the tires 1/4 turn periodically. I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on how frequently I should be doing this. Weekly? Monthly? If anyone has experience with this, let me know.
Thanks

Scrubcadet10

Scrubcadet10

I've never had an issue with my mower tires getting a flat spot over the winter.. i'd just make sure the tires stay aired up.

J

JD_Driver

I have a Cub Cadet XT1 riding mower. I don't expect to use it again until March or April so I put it away for the season. I'm concerned about tire flat spots given that it won't be used for perhaps 4 months so I'm planning to rotate the tires 1/4 turn periodically. I'm wondering if anyone has thoughts on how frequently I should be doing this. Weekly? Monthly? If anyone has experience with this, let me know.
Thanks

Tire rotations and proper pressure helps. Place a piece of 2x10 under each tire. It will help preserve the tire

sgkent

sgkent

or put the device on blocks and keep the tires aired up. I have equipment that flat spots from sitting. Just have to roll it once in while.

Mine is up on wheel dollys for winter. I over-inflate the tires. ie: back take 8psi, I adjust them to 12 psi.. & then correctly adjust in spring..