Automagic carb question

knutrockney77

Forum Newbie
Threads
So I have a TNT100-10041 4059A that is on a Toro Guardian 21711 mower from 1974. My grandfather had saved it for some reason(he was a toro dealer for 45 years) and I would love to get it running in his memory....but I can't for the life of me find the correct diagram for this carb. It has a primer bulb attached to the bowl nut, and I thought maybe he added it himself but on the top shroud of the mower a sticker says that the mower is primer equipped so it had to have came stock like that. The primer has a tear in it so I either need some help tracking one down, or if its okay to just use a different bowl nut that isn't set up for priming. Automagic is stamped into the side of the carb if that helps shed any light.

Thanks

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I see what you mean . The parts diagrams do not even show a primer bulb on that engine, even though the carb is set up for primer bulb operation, hence no choke.

If you can find the number stamped into the carb body, normally on the mounting flange. The carb item number can be converted to an actually carb. I suspect that the old carb has been replaced with a new carb style, which is reflected in the parts diagrams,

knutrockney77

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for the quick reply! The number that is stamped says 89 1B7 which I converted to a carb number but still had no luck as that carb didn't have the primer installed either. Do you think switching the bowl nut would work?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
As long as it is the correct jet, or maybe an adjustable jet it should work.

aj-allen

Forum Newbie
Threads
The part number for the primer bowl nut is 730188

knutrockney77

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you for finding that! So I take it that wouldn't be original to this mower? I ended up completely tearing the carb down again, and the only thing I did differently was change the welch plug and use a different float that looked to be in better condition. It started up on the first pull!(thankfully, because the ES doesn't work and the back up starter needs to be wound by hand) Charging a couple batteries that I found at the shop today, don't know if they are any good though.