Export thread

Attaching mower deck with cotter pins

C

Carpe Diem

I took my mower deck off last year to loosen a cable I ran over and wrapped around everything and was a big mess. I never reattached the deck back on to the tractor and now I want to do it, but I forgot how it orients underneath. I know I was taking cotter pins off to remove the mower deck. I have found 7 cotter pins. 4 of them are large, 2 medium size, and 1 small. I thought there were 8, but I can only locate the 7. I have the manual for the mower, but it doesn't give much detail on remove/reinstall the mower deck. It is a Craftsman Model #917.257571 42", the manual is dated 12.1.93. My question; Are there any videos or step by step photo/illustration available on how to reinstall the mower deck for my model? I check YouTube, but not a lot of options...Is there an alternate site that might have something like that?

P

Pumper54

C

Carpe Diem

Tom, thanks a lot, I downloaded the instructions on the website you provided, it was a big help in locating the spring pin locations. Good news, I finally got the mower deck back on! Thanks again for the assist!

P

Pumper54

Glad I (we) could help you. That is what I like about this place, people helping people. I have learned a lot from the great folks here and also had a good time learning.

Tom