Ariens Zoom 42 question

Rowdyrabbit

Forum Newbie
Threads
I'm looking at buying a used Ariens Zoom 42 mower. I haven't had a chance to see it in person, but plan to tomorrow. I have been doing a little research on these mowers and have a few questions. The new models appear to have a 20hp Kohler Courage engine on them. This is a 2010 model with a 16.5 Briggs Intek engine. I'm curious why they changed engines? Was there a problem with the Briggs, was the Kohler better, or maybe the Kohler was cheaper? Does anyone have any experience with these mowers? Are there any common problems with them? What sort of things do I need to look for when checking it out? I've never owned or ran a zero turn mower, so I don't know what to look for with them.

Thanks for the help.

Also, it's priced around $800. Not sure if that's a good price, average, or high. Hard to say I guess until. I see what kind of shape it's in.

Thanks again

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
I'm looking at buying a used Ariens Zoom 42 mower. I haven't had a chance to see it in person, but plan to tomorrow. I have been doing a little research on these mowers and have a few questions. The new models appear to have a 20hp Kohler Courage engine on them. This is a 2010 model with a 16.5 Briggs Intek engine. I'm curious why they changed engines? Was there a problem with the Briggs, was the Kohler better, or maybe the Kohler was cheaper? Does anyone have any experience with these mowers? Are there any common problems with them? What sort of things do I need to look for when checking it out? I've never owned or ran a zero turn mower, so I don't know what to look for with them.

Thanks for the help.

Also, it's priced around $800. Not sure if that's a good price, average, or high. Hard to say I guess until. I see what kind of shape it's in.

Thanks again

Do you know what model year that Zoom is??? Are you sure it's a B & S Intek, not a B & S Vanguard??? I've had both B & S engines and definitely prefer the Vanguard(Intek had some issues).

HarryHarley

Threads
"Also, it's priced around $800. Not sure if that's a good price, average, or high. Hard to say I guess until. I see what kind of shape it's in."

Well for a two year old Zero Turn mower the price is good IF there is nothing wrong with it. Why are the selling it so soon?
Selling price on those was $2,400 to $3,000
Let us know how you make out...... pictures??