Ariens Mower carb issue HALP!

Dooder

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have an Ariens 911515 21 inch self propelled mower with a Briggs 6.75 Intek. I got the mower tangled in some bushes yesterday, and when yanking it out the spring on the throttle came flying off. I can't find a parts diagram anywhere. Ariens won't post engine diagrams, and Briggs wants a serial number, which is stamped on and rusted out to the point of being illegible. Would anyone out there have a lead on a parts diagram showing how to connect the springs or even just a picture of a working unit to help a guy out? The mower will run currently, but only wide open and it sounds like it's trying to take off and fly. Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Look on the valve cover for Briggs numbers. Give us as many numbers as you can find, as Ive seen 50 year old Briggs which still have all their numbers. If that can’t be done give us the Ariens serial number

Dooder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Ariens SN is 005840. Briggs SN was stamped sometime around 2005 and is a bit rusty. As near as I can tell, the Briggs is 120087 0162 E1. Could be 120C87, the stamping was weak and the rust is strong.

Thanks!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
That Briggs number doesn’t come up. Ask your better half for one of their green dish scrubys. Soak it good and cover it good with some Comet or equivalent. Carefully scrub the area with the pad and the numbers should appear. Need model, type and code numbers. Ariens used different engines and we need to find yours.

Dooder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Trying again. I gave the engine stamp a soak in CLR. Possibly 120007 0062 E1. Trying to attach pics with no luck.

Dooder

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks. That seems sensible. The 12 and the 7 are moderately clear, the three digits in between weren't stamped cleanly.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
According to the Ariens numbers 4 different engines were used on that unit. This is making it difficult for us to help, as we need to identify which one he has. Seems like the OP is just guessing, as even the numbers he’s posting don’t look like a possibility. Doober, also include the code number when you post back.