Ariens LM216S 911052 Mower

rehsmj

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello,
First time post here.
I just purchased an Ariens LM216S mower for 175.00
I do not know much about these mowers (Briggs and Stratton was always my choice engine) but decided to step up and get a rugged mower.
My yard is really not that large, maybe 100X100 but there is a grade to it so I wanted a self propelled.
I saw this mower on craigs list and decided to go look at it.
It started first pull, the drive torque seemed strong, the overall appearance looked good, and all other visual items looked working and intact.
The mower was made in 2010 and has a 5.5HP Tecumseh motor in it.
I can not find much on this specific model for reviews (Lots on the LM21 but not so on the LM216S).
I went ahead and purchased the mower. He was pretty firm on his price so I paid him the 175.
So far is seems to work very well.
Did I pay a fair price for this?
Can anyone provide reviews or things to watch out for with this mower?
Thank You.

Attachments

• IMG_1914.jpg
    IMG_1914.jpg
    167.8 KB · Views: 12
Threads
From what I understand, you've bought an excellent mower, arguably one of the top three premium home-owner mowers--better than some commercials. I've never used one, but the swivel wheels look really great for trimming. If you get tired of them, you can get a conversion kit to go to regular front end from Ariens. They still make the same mower, by the way, just upgraded the engines. Keep the oil changed and fresh air filter and it should last for many years of outstanding mowing results. The only downfall is the steel deck, but if you keep it clean dry and paint touched up, your kids can mow their lawns with it. When the Tecusee croaks, you can re-power with any brand you close---nothing special about the crankshaft size. Just my thoughts.

rehsmj

Forum Newbie
Threads
Great, thank you for your input.

warpedq

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think you got a great deal,:thumbsup: I own two of these and the last one cost me 250.00 used.:frown: Mower is very easy to start, and cuts clean and neat bagging or mulching. Keep the oil changed and the air filter clean and it should last for a long time. I'm currently open to suggestions as to what engine to put on the other mower as it has died. BTW, I bought air filters for mower online and for about 5 dollars, so I bought several at once. I can link you to the website if you like.
warpedq

OutdoorEnvy

Threads
My BIL has one of these and he likes it. He got his used too but it mows a good lawn for sure. I think for that price it's a good deal. Only 4 years old is nothing for a quality mower. I'd probably tune it up right away since you don't really know when it had a it's last one.

rehsmj

Forum Newbie
Threads
I think you got a great deal,:thumbsup: I own two of these and the last one cost me 250.00 used.:frown: Mower is very easy to start, and cuts clean and neat bagging or mulching. Keep the oil changed and the air filter clean and it should last for a long time. I'm currently open to suggestions as to what engine to put on the other mower as it has died. BTW, I bought air filters for mower online and for about 5 dollars, so I bought several at once. I can link you to the website if you like.
warpedq

SURE I would like that link
Thanks

warpedq

Forum Newbie
Threads
Here's the link, and this should be the filter if it is the VL55 Tecumseh engine, check first to make sure. $4.50 each, wish I could find filters for Kawasaki FC150 that cheap!

Outdoor Distributors - Lawn Mower Parts

warpedq