Are All Snapper Push Mower Bags The Same?

chuck25624

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hello! New member here. I just purchased a 21" Snapper Hi-Vac push mower, model 21351D, serial #74 496940. It needs a bag. It came with a white Kwik-N-Ezy bag. Are there differences between the white bags and the black bags? I would like to replace it with what originally came with it, but I might not be able to find one. Also, can anyone tell me when this mower was made? Thanks, all!

Mow Joe

Threads
I'm almost certain that the black and white bags were interchangeable, as long as both were for 21" mowers. The exception may be the 21" commercial (C in the model #) mowers. I think they were a little bigger, but I wouldn't bet the farm on it. We sold very few of the "C" mowers and I think they were side discharge. They will be as rare as Elvis riding piggyback on Sasquatch, so I wouldn't be worried about encountering one. The 19" bag was smaller, but I don't think they made a Kwik n easy for it.
Regarding its age, I think the series 1 was the first with the blade stop handle. If so, that would date it to about 1982. HTH

upupandaway

Threads
Are there differences between the white bags and the black bags?

It could... over the years the snapper Hi-Vac bags had 2 different lengths. Measure from *whatever* to the bar that the bag hooks onto to make sure you got the right length bag.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
They made several lengths as upup said. Think more than 2. What ever, it's a low number. You will need the old white bag for the white handle push bar. Doubt if the new bags fit. I have both at the house. White bags are a good bit smaller. Good thing the deck hasn't changed in decades. Bet in a pinch, one could source a dead newer Snapper robbing the push bar and bag.

Yours is a 21 inch with a 3.5hp Briggs Series 1 mower. Forgot what the D is for. P was push mower. R was self propelled I think??

upupandaway

Threads
You will need the old white bag for the white handle push bar.
I have several of the white mower bags and Snappers. So the shorter bag is interchangeable between my Snappers, I put an aluminum tube between the 2 screws holding the 2 piece handles together "shortening" the horizontal tube the bag hooks on to.